Friday 2 September 2011

Research on Quatro!

For my final bit of research I’ve decided to do it on ‘Quatro’ a fizzy drink, no longer around. Quatro was a canned, fruit-flavoured carbonated drink produced from 1982 to 1985 in the United Kingdom. From 1983 to 1985 it was commonly available in the UK, though production and sale of the drink ceased there in the mid 1980s. Green in colour, its name derived from the four fruits used; pineapple, orange, passion fruit and grapefruit. I think by looking at this I can see why it did, and didn’t succeed. Here’s a few adverts and images of the fruity drink…
These adverts are very contrasting to the others I’ve shown you. It’s a lot more action and sci-fi themed. A genre we don’t see much of nowadays in the fizzy drink market, especially sci-fi.  This choice of genre may have been the reason the drink didn’t succeed.  The video  features a man approaching a futuristic machine where he inserts a Quatro card, the machine selects a can for him and goes about dispensing it, however when the machine gets an error the man is about to kick the machine, but the machine stops him, hits itself and corrects the fault. Unfortunately as the drink wasn’t well known and wasn’t around for long I’ve found it hard to get information on it. I think I can learn a lot from the commercials for it though, what not to do maybe? Or could it be what the market today needs once more?!


No comments:

Post a Comment